Could not authenticate you.followers
Los Angeles Fire Department firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire in Tower 49 at Park La Brea on Sept. 15, confining it to a single unit on the third-floor of the building.
The fire department received multiple 911 calls around 6:05 p.m. about smoke in the building, LAFD spokesman Brian Humphrey said. Firefighters arrived minutes later and located the apartment where the smoke originated. Nobody was inside, so firefighters forced entry, he added. They found the source of the smoke was a pot that caught fire after being left unattended on a stovetop.
“We want to remind people, always stand by your pan,” Humphrey said. “There was food on the stove but apparently the apartment was unoccupied. We respond to a significant number of cooking fires throughout the city each year. No matter what, don’t leave anything cooking unattended on a stovetop.”
Humphrey said approximately 40 firefighters responded to the blaze and it was extinguished at 6:23 p.m. Many residents in the 13-story building at 525 S. Curson Ave. self-evacuated due to the smoke, but no formal evacuation was ordered, Humphrey added. He said firefighters checked on a 92-year-old resident who called 911 about the smoke and determined she was OK inside her apartment. No injuries were reported, and there was no information available about the amount of damage or loss, Humphrey added.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.